Traumatic Brain Injuries
One of the most devastating outcomes of a car, truck or motorcycle accident in Virginia is for one of the victims to suffer a head injury. In a traffic collision, head injuries are not uncommon — and can be quite serious — for several reasons.
Many drivers hit their head on the steering wheel in a car crash. If you are not wearing a seat belt, your body could be thrown around your vehicle, putting you at risk for head trauma. Even if you are properly buckled in your seat belt, the sudden impact of a crash can cause a traumatic brain injury.
At The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett, P.L.L.C., our Virginia Beach traumatic brain injury attorney works hard to help get our clients the compensation they deserve after a serious accident. We know how to hold negligent defendants and large insurance companies accountable for paying claims. With decades of combined experience representing injured people throughout the Tidewater region, we are ready to help start your case. Our lead attorney, Carlton F. Bennett is a member of the Brain Injury Association of America and the Brain Injury Association of Virginia. Call us now to schedule a free, strictly confidential review of your case.
BRAIN INJURIES OCCUR IN MANY TYPES OF ACCIDENTS
Concussions and TBIs are among the most debilitating and challenging types of injuries to deal with. All brain injuries require immediate medical attention. As TBIs often occur with a delayed onset, it is not uncommon for people to be more severely injured than they initially recognize. No matter the cause or severity of brain injury, we are qualified to help. Our Virginia Beach head injury lawyer handles the full range of traumatic brain injury cases, including:
- Car Accidents: One of the most devastating outcomes of a motor vehicle accident Virginia is for one of the victims to suffer a head injury. In a traffic collision, head injuries are not uncommon — and can be quite serious — for several reasons. Unfortunately, Many drivers hit their head on the steering wheel in a car crash. If you are not wearing a seat belt, your body could be thrown around your vehicle, putting you at risk for head trauma. Even if you are properly buckled in your seat belt, the sudden impact of a crash can cause a traumatic brain injury.
- Truck Accidents: Trucking accidents are often more severe than passenger vehicle collisions. The enormous size of a commercial truck carries a force that could cause a severe head injury.
- Motorcycle Accidents: All motorcyclists should wear a helmet. Motorcycle helmets reduce brain injuries by nearly 70 percent—thereby saving lives. Still, even with a helmet, a motorcyclist could suffer a serious TBI in a crash.
- Nursing Home Neglect: Nursing homes have a duty to provide high-quality care to residents. When they fail to do so, serious accidents can happen. A vulnerable person could suffer a concussion or TBI. If your family member sustained a brain injury in a nursing home, our Virginia Beach attorney can help.
WHAT ARE SOME SYMPTOMS OF A BRAIN INJURY?
People may experience brain injuries differently after an accident, but you might suffer from conditions such as:
- Speech problems such as struggling to come up with words or to say them aloud
- Short-term memory loss
- Personality changes that can include depression or anxiety
- Physical symptoms such as double vision, tinnitus (ringing in the ears) and balance problems
- Sleep disturbance
- Chronic pain
- Sensitivity to loud noise or busy environments
Unfortunately, these kinds of problems can take considerable time, and expense, to get better. You deserve to get compensated from those who were responsible for your injuries. Our Virginia Beach brain injury attorney will stand by you throughout the process, so that you will always know how your case is progressing. We are focused on helping clients maximize their financial recovery. You can view some of our past case results.
CALL OUR VIRGINIA BEACH TRAUMATIC BRAIN INJURY LAWYER TODAY
Our traumatic brain injury law firm has the skills and experience to handle all types of concussion and TBI cases. If you or your loved one suffered a brain injury in an accident, we can help. Please contact us for a risk-free consultation at no charge. Call us today to get started, or complete and submit our online contact form. With a law office in Virginia Beach, we serve communities throughout the Hampton Roads region.