Car Accidents Lawyers in Virginia Beach
A car accident can have devastating consequences on your life, ability to work and finances. Fortunately, you don’t have to handle all these effects on your own. The legal team at The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett, P.L.L.C., in Virginia Beach can help you file a claim and seek compensation for your injuries.
When you’re involved in an accident, it is important to be represented by a Virginia Beach car accident attorney so that you have a reliable advocate who can help you throughout your case. Our firm offers free, no-risk consultations to accident victims like you, so there is nothing to lose by contacting us first when you’ve been involved in a crash.
When Should You Call an Attorney After a Car Accident?
Any time you suffer injuries in a vehicle collision, you may benefit from meeting with one of our Virginia Beach car accident lawyers at The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett. Your priority after a car accident should be your safety and well-being. Therefore, seek medical attention as soon as possible after a collision. The documentation from this medical evaluation can offer valuable proof of the injuries and damages you suffered due to the accident.
Once your injuries are evaluated, contact a car accident lawyer in Virginia Beach right away. An attorney can take over communication with the opposing party’s attorney and insurance representatives. We can help you evaluate the value of your claim and ensure any settlement offer fully compensates you for your losses. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car accident, reach out to The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett as soon as possible.
Common Injuries Resulting From Car Accidents
An injury from an auto accident can occur anywhere on the body, so it’s important not to ignore certain symptoms you may be experiencing, even days after the accident took place. Here are several common injuries we see regularly that usually are the result of a car collision:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a soft tissue injury that occurs when the head and neck are forcefully and rapidly jerked back and forth, causing strain or sprain in the neck muscles and ligaments. Symptoms may include neck pain, stiffness, headaches, and restricted movement.
- Fractures: Car accidents can lead to fractures or broken bones in various parts of the body, such as the arms, legs, ribs, or pelvis. Fractures can range from hairline cracks to complete breaks, causing pain, swelling, deformity, and limited mobility.
- Head Injuries: Car accidents can result in traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), ranging from mild concussions to severe brain damage. Symptoms may include headaches, dizziness, confusion, memory problems, mood changes, and loss of consciousness.
- Back and Spinal Cord Injuries: Car accidents can cause injuries to the back and spinal cord, leading to conditions like herniated discs, spinal fractures, or spinal cord damage. These injuries may result in chronic pain, limited mobility, paralysis, or loss of sensation in various body parts.
- Chest Injuries: The impact of a car accident can cause chest injuries, such as broken ribs, collapsed lungs, or internal organ damage. Symptoms may include sharp chest pain, difficulty breathing, coughing up blood, or organ dysfunction.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: Car accidents frequently cause soft tissue injuries, including contusions, bruises, strains, and sprains. These injuries can affect muscles, tendons, and ligaments, leading to pain, swelling, stiffness, and limited range of motion.
- Internal Injuries: Car accidents can cause internal injuries, such as internal bleeding, organ damage, or punctured organs. Internal injuries may not always be immediately apparent but can cause life-threatening complications if left untreated.
- Facial Injuries: Car accidents can result in facial injuries, including cuts, lacerations, bruising, fractures, or dental injuries. These injuries can cause pain, swelling, disfigurement, and potential long-term cosmetic or functional issues.
- Psychological Trauma: Car accidents can have a profound psychological impact, causing emotional distress, anxiety disorders, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or phobias related to driving or accidents.
- Burn Injuries: In high-impact or fiery accidents, victims may suffer burn injuries from contact with hot surfaces, flames, or chemicals. Burns can range from first-degree (superficial) to third-degree (deep and severe), requiring medical attention and possibly long-term rehabilitation.
How Can an Accident Attorney Help My Case?
An experienced car accident lawyer can help you maximize your recovery and streamline the lawsuit process by assisting you with:
- Obtaining copies of relevant police reports,
- Locating witnesses who saw the crash,
- Finding expert witnesses to testify on your behalf,
- Helping you find medical treatment for your injuries, or
- Preparing your case to go to trial.
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car accident, an auto accident lawyer in Virginia Beach can offer an invaluable advantage to your legal claim. We will take the time to meet with you one-on-one to review the details of your case and discuss your desired outcome. If you need legal representation for a car accident, contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our Virginia Beach car accident lawyers.
Will Your Car Accident Case Go to Court?
The majority of car accident cases end in a settlement rather than going to court. The amount of legal fees and other costs associated with a full-scale trial make them extremely expensive. Thus, it is often cheaper for insurance companies to settle car accident claims out of court rather than risk going to trial and losing.
The opposing party’s insurance company makes more money if you accept a lower settlement offer than your claim is worth. Therefore, consider letting an experienced Virginia Beach car accident attorney review any settlement offer to ensure it fairly compensates you. Many insurance companies will send a lowball settlement offer right away in hopes you will accept it before you talk to an attorney. Contact us at The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett so we can help you calculate the value of your losses.
RELY ON OUR SKILLS, TRUST IN OUR LEGAL EXPERIENCE
With more than 47 years of combined legal experience, the lawyers of The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett, P.L.L.C., know what it takes to bring a successful case, as well as how to protect our clients’ rights and make sure they are not taken advantage of by unscrupulous insurance companies.
If you choose not to work with an attorney, you could leave yourself at risk of getting less than the full amount of compensation you deserve. You may be pressured to accept a settlement from the insurance company in the interest of putting your case behind you and getting compensated quickly. However, insurance companies do not represent your best interests in this scenario. Your auto accident attorney in VA Beach, on the other hand, will make sure that decisions you make are the best choice for you and your family.
NO FEES UNLESS YOU ARE COMPENSATED
Call The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett, P.L.L.C., for a free, no-risk consultation about your personal injury case today at 757-486-5454, or complete and submit our online contact form. You can also view some of our past case results.