Virginia Beach Motorcycle Accidents Lawyers
There are over 7 million motorcycles on the road, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation. Warm, sunny weather makes Virginia an ideal place to ride motorcycles. However, motorcycle riders are more likely to be killed or injured than someone riding in an automobile when driving on busy interstates, streets or highways.
Because of the added dangers and risks of injury, motorcycle riders need their legal rights protected in the event of a collision or accident. The Virginia Beach motorcycle accidents attorneys at The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett, P.L.L.C., have the experience and knowledge to represent you if you or someone you know has been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident in Virginia Beach. We can help maximize your recovery for injuries or wrongful death including medical bills, lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, permanent injury and/or loss of your loved one.
Frequently, automobile drivers find it difficult to see motorcycles. Additionally, automobile drivers often tailgate and follow motorcycles too close on the road, which makes a collision and serious injury more likely to occur. Poorly maintained roads with potholes and uneven pavement as well as weather conditions, including wet roads, also pose more of a danger to motorcycle riders than to cars. Additionally, there may be manufacturer defects in the motorcycle itself.
Our experience, thoroughness, and dedication to your case allows us to effectively negotiate with insurance companies and represent you in court if settlement is not possible.
The Importance of Motorcycle Insurance
Having adequate motorcycle insurance is of paramount importance for every rider. Motorcycles present unique risks on the road, and accidents can result in severe injuries and significant financial burdens. Motorcycle insurance provides crucial protection and peace of mind by covering various aspects of an accident. In the event of a collision, comprehensive motorcycle insurance can help cover medical expenses, property damage, and liability costs. Medical bills can quickly accumulate after an accident, including costs for emergency care, surgeries, rehabilitation, and ongoing treatments. Moreover, motorcycle insurance can cover the repair or replacement of your bike, minimizing the financial strain of repairing or replacing your valuable asset.
Additionally, motorcycle insurance can provide liability coverage, safeguarding you against potential lawsuits if you are at fault in an accident that causes injury or property damage to others. It is essential to carefully review your motorcycle insurance policy, ensuring it offers adequate coverage limits to protect your best interests. By investing in comprehensive motorcycle insurance, riders can ride with confidence, knowing they are financially protected in the event of an unfortunate accident. If you have been involved in a motorcycle accident and are navigating the insurance claims process, our experienced motorcycle injury lawyer at The Law Firm of Carlton F. Bennett, P.L.L.C. can provide guidance and advocate for your rights, helping you seek fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
Helpful Tips to Stay Safe on the Road
- Wear a helmet: Always wear a DOT-approved helmet to protect your head and reduce the risk of traumatic brain injuries in case of an accident.
- Use protective gear: Wear durable, abrasion-resistant clothing such as leather jackets, pants, gloves, and boots to shield your body from road rash and injuries.
- Follow traffic laws: Obey speed limits, traffic signals, and road signs. Adhering to traffic laws reduces the risk of collisions and keeps you and others safe.
- Be visible: Wear brightly colored clothing and equip your motorcycle with reflective materials to enhance visibility, especially during low-light conditions.
- Stay alert and focused: Pay attention to your surroundings, anticipate potential hazards, and avoid distractions such as texting or using mobile devices while riding.
- Maintain proper distance: Keep a safe distance from other vehicles on the road, allowing enough time to react to sudden stops or changes in traffic flow.
- Check your bike regularly: Perform routine maintenance checks on your motorcycle, including brakes, tires, lights, and signals, to ensure they are in proper working condition.
- Use signals and communicate: Always use your turn signals to indicate your intentions and make eye contact with drivers to ensure they are aware of your presence.
- Ride defensively: Anticipate the actions of other drivers and be prepared to react defensively if necessary. Be cautious at intersections and watch for vehicles making left turns.
- Get proper training: Take a motorcycle safety course to enhance your riding skills and learn defensive driving techniques. Continuously educate yourself on safe riding practices.
Why Choose Us?
When you’re injured, choose the firm with over 47 years’ experience. We are confident our firm is the right choice for you because serious injuries are our business.
- Extensive trial experience and proven records of success
- Millions recovered from injured people see our case results
- A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
- Our attorneys are AV®Preeminnent™ rated by Martindale-Hubbell®